All Year: No
Area (ha): 1
Host ID: 58184
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: September 29, 2019
We are Sanne and Marc, a couple from the Netherlands. For work, Sanne edits study books and Marc teaches singing and theatre.
We are living with our 3 year old boy and a cat in a cortijo next to Torvizcón, 20 minutes from Orgiva in Andalucia, Spain.
We're renting a nice house on about 1 hectare of garden with olive trees, just next to the village and close to the river.
It's off-grid and Marc built a solar system to charge our electric car. Sanne has a vegetable garden.
Then there is the project of building a yurt, that we're slowly working on. We have walls and doorframes and the next step is to steam the roofpoles.
There's also some strimming and a bit of almond harvest to be done.
What we mostly need is help in and around the house and with our son, so we get some space and time to work on the different projects we're trying to do. Next to household and babysitting we also sometimes need help with the projects, depending on what we're doing at the time you're with us. We'll be happy to share our knowledge of off-grid living and electric cars if you're interested.
We need 1-2 people to help us. You're welcome to come for any amount of time!
We're looking for people who are okay with being in a quiet place. We're just one family and we only have one or two volunteers at a time. So you'll find a welcoming family home and quite some time to yourself in your yurt. We always share the big meal of the day, which is mostly lunch and sometimes dinner. The other meals it depends, we can eat together, but if we're very busy or if you prefer, you can also have those meals in the caravan.
- Baby sitting: entertaining our son, so we can get something else done
- Cooking & washing up
- Some cleaning/laundry
- All kinds of little jobs around the house
- A bit of gardening
- The yurt: making roof poles (steam bending the wood, cutting poles to size)
- are you a carpenter and you like to work on something original? we still need help building the doors of the yurt! (the doorframes are almost finished)
- a yurt with 2-person bed, table and chairs
- electricity in the house
- warm shower in the house
- the food (fruit/cereal/bread/cheese for breakfast and dinner, and a decent vegetarian meal for lunch)
- when we go to Órgiva, we'll give you a lift
If you don't have your own transport, we can pick you up somewhere or you can take public transport.
Without transport you can go for walks in the mountains around us and to Torvizcon, or just hang out in the garden.
With your own transport or public transport:
- Go to Órgiva, the main town of the area, with lots of activities like concerts and yoga classes
- Go up into the Sierra Nevada for beautiful hiking
- Relax at one of the beaches, at about 45 minutes drive.
- Granada is about 1,5 hour away