All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 11
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 60316
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: March 18, 2019
Natural Development Project
Help is needed with bed and breakfast, cooking, gardening and clearing up forest paths.
Volunteers will help some hours during the day with day off per week. Accommodation is in the homestay, in the one of the guests room, bathroom is shared. We eat all types of food, but are capable to cater for vegetarians as well. Meals are shared as well as the work in the kitchen during the day.
Bosco delle Rune Project
This is a natural setting with aim to expand into association creating a community which:
- Favorites healthy lifestyle in harmony with nature which surrounds us;
- Protects quality of lifestyle for those who live, work and stay in this location;
- Promotes both protection of natural, cultural and social resources in operating area and different model of socio-economic development.
Broader aim of the project is to deal with development and promotion of:
- Organic agriculture;
- Permaculture techniques;
- Cultural and social events;
- International exchange, promoting intercultural experience.
Different activities will be undertaken under the self-sustainable criteria: starting with the production of energy from renewable sources (solar, wind, hydroelectric, timber etc.) following the plant production, animal derived products, transformation of raw materials for self-consumption and subsequently to promote tourism in this area linked also to the sale of its both derivative and artisan products.
The project is aimed to:
1.People who have already acquired specific skills and experiences in the following fields:
- Agricultural and/or forestry activities (horticulture, animal breeding, fruit production etc.);
- Educational, cultural, sociological activities and planning of training programs;
- Processing and transformation of natural resource products (wood, iron and stone) and animal derived products;
- Rural accommodation (lodging, catering, etc.).
2. People with their own set up projects, which coincide with our project scheme looking for the right setting to make them true.
3. Young people even without specific experiences but with open, dynamic minds, with good will, humility and desire to learn.
It is also important for those who respond to this announcement:
- To prefer and lead a simple lifestyle that is attentive to the care and safeguard of the environment by making conscious and sustainable daily choices;
- Be enhanced by initiative spirit and personal resourcefulness, because in practice it goes down to be pioneers and get into the daily game;
- Have concrete practical and manual skills due to the manifold tasks to be done;
- Have the ability to implement within the daily life real meaning of the term “collaboration” because every single intervention and choice made in the field must take into account needs of the place and people who already live or would like to stay in this setting;
- Be “flexible” and have the ability to adapt ….returning to the dear, old motto “improvise, adapt and achieve the purpose”, while being in the environment which enhances expression of individuality, creativity and gives freedom to realize its` own dreams;
- To understand and favor the fundamental characteristics of this project is to be a permanent laboratory where developing design and activities are continuously ongoing and under planning/definition, in order to maintain high quality standards, meeting and exchanging with people of different orientations and cultural features who will be dealt with curiosity and spirit of authentic reception;
- Pay attention and interest towards integrated educational, training and growth paths, which primarily enable to the staff and then frequenters inner and professional growth.
Participation in the natural development project does not include monthly payment but an exchange of work activities for accommodation and board with the possibility of future integration into the structure;
The project participation also offers:
- Context of simple life, but in terms of human scale very agreeable;
- Convivial times and spaces of confrontation and growth with people of different cultures and experiences but with the common goal of a healthy and shared lifestyle;
- Attractive living spaces but still in the process of being tuned enhanced by renewable energy services and utilities;
- Participation in training courses promoted by the structure;
- Management and use of a large area of land, predominantly used as a forest and partially cultivated ;
- Site under development, with collaborations between companies and institutions in the activation/definition phase;
- The ability to express their own skills, personality and with capacity to carry out activities independently;
- Equipment for the work and carrying out various tasks.
I'm 48 years old man and l live in Platischis, a village in Friuli Venezia Giulia in the province of Udine (Italy) for 4 years. Previously I left my former work moved by the desire to grab my life and direct it into a different horizon, a more conscious, responsible choice and attentive to the natural rhythms of life; Now I would like to share this with someone who gives me a hand and breathes the fresh air present in this place.
What led me to make this decision?
The desire to create a project in contact with nature, open to a community life, acceptance and international exchange. The way I lived so far has brought me to know and acquire effective and sustainable design, action and communication tools, such as for example “The Deming Cycle” which helps me in everyday activities, choices, and relationships outwardly. In 2013 by chance, in this surroundings, I felt in love with this place and decided to remain. I bought an abandoned house, about 3 km from the village and surrounded by about 9 hectares of the land. I have restored the house and opened bed & breakfast facilities.
I offer rural hospitality here and work in a small woodland enterprise. Beyond this I would like to expand and consolidate agricultural activity by developing a garden and an orchard being already present, creating a plant for the cultivation of officinal herbs/berries, bees and maybe some other animals, all as far as possible in a logic of self-sustainability.
As far as the tourist and social aspects are concerned, in addition to the hospitality of currently running bed & breakfast there are many activities to be developed and expanded which include: restoration and reopening of paths and natural trails, planning of events – cultural, artistic and sports, first aid courses and orienteering, creation of natural environment and human being that favor the attitude towards recollection, introspection and deep contact with nature and with oneself. My current energies do not allow me to start, develop and manage many of these activities and that is why I am looking for someone with good will, and any specific experiences that have interest and desire to get into the challenge in this adventure.
Languages spoken: Italian, English and French