All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 175
Persons: 1 or 2
Category: Non Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 81050
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: November 13, 2017
Hello everybody !
We are a nice french family located in Tronville a tiny and quiet village in Lorraine (north-east) 25 kms from Metz.
Paris is only two hours away by train (TGV).
Nancy, which is one hour away, is quite nice to visit.
We're close to Belgium, Luxemburg and Germany too.
We're Frédérique and Philippe, we have two girls : Lucie (24y/o) and Mathilde (21y/o).
We have a dairy and crops farm.
- Frédérique is in charge of milking cows and feeding animals : we've got a livestock of 90 cows, 2 pigs, 2 donkeys, chickens, 4 gooses, 3 dogs (Ina, Maya, Mambo) , cats and one rabbit.
- Philippe duties are tractor driving and maintenance including planting, harvesting, fertilizing crops (wheat, barley, canola, corn)... farm job !
Frédérique is a perfect cooker (the best of Tronville :P) and Philippe is a good handyman.
Unfortunately we speak only French (Lucie wrote me this add :P). Frédérique has some english notions and our daughters can speak English.
The girls aren't at home often.
- Lucie and Julien (her boyfriend) travelled around the world during 18 months (Australia, NZ, New Caledonia, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia).
And now, they're in Canada and USA.
- Mathilde is a student in Tourism and Event at Lille (North of France).
You would have your own room and your own bathroom which you have to keep clean, all meals are include.
We can't tell you how many hours you'd have to help per day. There will be longer days, and shorter days just approximatively 6 hours per day. The weekend is free (or two days during the week, as you wish we're flexible).
The dailies activities are many and varied, such as milking (2 times per day), feeding animals, gardening, weeding, cleaning, woodwork, masonry, painting, and many others.
During harvesting time (May until October), we required peoples who have skills in tractor driver.
Vegetarians are welcome to come (although we eat meat) but sorry no vegans...
It's not a smoking and drugs house!
Please, in order to get an appropriate answer, when you contact us answer to the following questions:
1) When do you want to join us?
2) For how long are you available ? (minimum 1 week but for the harvesting time we required farmers for one month minimal)
3) Where are you right now? (Country)
4) Do you have any kind of special diet or food restrictions?
Please contact us by email in French please.
Frédérique and Philippe :)