All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 0.5
Host ID: 81641
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: November 2, 2019
*Carpentry / building skills currently are particularly favorable to us as we’d like to build a basic pergola and we have some landscape type building work to do.
We are happy to host 1 or 2 people (couples or singles - we have the space)
We are on 1.5 acres in beautiful Pearcedale. It’s easily accessible by public transport within an hour of the city. Pearcedale is nestled on the Mornington Peninsula with both Port Phillip Bay & Westernport Bay close by.
** Chris (41) and I (Nic - 38) are both car fanatics & animal lovers. We live with a flat mate Clare (37)
** We have several pets that are part of our household.
4 Dogs – They all love going for walks and are happy for you to take them (although Crumbles can only do short ones these days)
- Crumbles – A 14 y/o Cocker Spaniel X. Partly deaf and blind and a master lolly thief. Arthritic as he is like 120 years old
in dog years and has a bit of an attitude!
- Abby – A 12 y/o Mongrel (think long-hair Hairy Mclary) Very quiet, cuddly and will snuggle on the couch for hours.
- Reine – A 12 month old German Shepherd. Super sooky, but typical of a puppy she’s still learning and can be quite exuberant
- Snow - A 5 y/o white German Shepherd. He is Clares dog and super chilled, but does love to play.
1 Cat - Aurora – A 10 y/o long hair tabby. She was rescued from a animal shelter in 2018. She is friendly, but doesn’t like
being picked up, will sleep on your bed and likes you to watch her eat!
1 Horse – Belle (aka Bellarina bitchface) – A 26 y/o standardbred. Belle was a rescue and is here to mow lawns. She cant be
ridden, but loves a brush and LOVES you to feed her. She’s actually very chatty when you go near the paddock.
** You MUST love pets as ours are super friendly and spend a lot of time indoors. The cats will try sleep on your bed or come for a
cuddle on the couch.
** We also regulary have my mums dog visit.
** We are in the small township of Pearcedale.
** We are about a 5-10 minute walk from town, bus stop is nearby. and we are surrounded by farms. Pearcedale is about 50 minutes to
the CBD by car (about 1 hour & 15 minutes by train). It’s nestled in a perfect location to see the sites of Mornington Peninsula,
Bass Coast & Westernport Hwy, and A little further away is Phillip island and in another direction the Dandenong Ranges.
** We both work busy full time jobs and also have a small home based business
** We offer a very relaxed place to stay, but expect you to help out around the house without us having to monitor you or bug you
** Depending on the time of the year and what we are working on, work can comprise of:
- Mowing lawns
- Whipper snipping
- Weeding gardens
- Feeding Animals
- Walking dogs
- Planting trees, shrubs and plants
- Washing windows
- Picking up dog or horse poop (with a pooper scooper or shovel
- Moving dirt or mulch for gardens
- Spreading gravel in the driveway
- Cleaning the deck area
- Some housework (Vacumn and tidy the lounge) We have a cleaner that comes and cleans the bathrooms.
- Washing dishes / cleaning the kitchen
- Maybe a few other odd jobs such as painting fences and deck/verandah, oiling decks.
- Also from time to time it might include ironing, some basic machine sewing (you don’t need prior skills to do this) and some
other craft type tasks. Its honestly very straight forward work.
** We ask for up to 4 hours per day per person (it may be less depending on what we have on at the time, in exchange for food and
** We are quite flexible on when the work is done, which is useful if you find any paid work nearby. Note that as we all work, most
of the time we will give you a run down on tasks in the evenings or weekends, but when you do the work is up to you, we are pretty
flexible like that.
** Breakfast and lunch are self serve, we’ll eat together at night and expect that you would help with after dinner tidy up.
** Dinner, Nicole will cook & we all eat together. We welcome you to cook sometimes, and if we need to buy something special for
it, we will do our best to accommodate.
**Dietary Requirements / Allergies / Dislikes:
- We will do our best to accommodate dietary requirements.
- Please let us know if you have them up front so we can work out if we can make it work for us and for you.
- Sorry but due to a bad experience we can no longer accommodate vegans. (vegetarian ok, but please know we do eat meat with
most meals, but happy to make vegetarian versions)
- Please specify dietary requirements up when you enquire.
** The area is very quiet and peaceful, there is a nature reserve within 1 minute walk and horse snd cattle grazing in paddocks nearby.
** We are a short walk into the main township and public transport is by Bus (although we are happy to offer you a ride to places where we can accommodate it)
** Our house also has a fantastic outdoor area with;
- Heated 8 person spa
- Pool table/ air hockey / table tennis
- Outdoor lounge area
- Outdoor TV & sound system
- Pizza Oven.
** Unlimited internet and we have Netflix & FOXTEL as well.
** This is a big house and there is multiple comfortable spaces for you to unwind / relax.
** Inside our house we have zoned ducted heating / air conditioning throughout.
** Chris & I are non smokers, but you are welcome to smoke outdoors only, please clean up your ciggarette butts (do not drop on the
** While you stay with us you will be a part of our family.
** We regularly have BBQ’s or Pizza nights and our friends will also make you feel like home, often inviting our house guests to
their own BBQ’s and events.
** Some of our past guests have gone onto stay with other friends or family in other states, and many are repeat visitors to our
house as well.
** Sometimes Chris and I will take our helpx guests our for dinner as well or to do some sight seeing if time permits. Chris is also able to drop you off / pick you up at Frankston Train Station on weekdays as he works nearby.
** We have 2 push bikes & helmets that you are welcome to borrow to make getting around the area easier.
Some notes about staying with us:
• We now ask for copies of ID up front (we can take a photo or you can send a copy through) (This is just so we have records
for our insurance)
• We ask for your emergency contact details, just on the off chance something awful was to happen, at least we can get in
touch with your loved ones (we hope this never happens).
• Please advise of dietary requirements when you enquire, we need to assess if we can accommodate them prior to your staying.
• Arrival to our house is Friday evenings or Saturday / Sunday during the day. We will consider a Thursday evening arrival,
but we are not flexible any more on other day arrivals (again bad experience with previous helpx).
• We are happy if you find paid work, but if its more than 20 hours a week then we need to reassess your visit, given it will
be difficult for you to complete any work in exchange (again bad experience with previous helpx).
• We prefer stays of at least 2 weeks. We have often had people stay longer (once 2 ½ months) and we often have our guests
return for multiple visits.
• You need to be committed to caring for our house and property. This means simple things like closing gates and locking
doors if you go out. Also if you break something, just be up front and let us know. We get that things happen, we just
expect you to treat us and our property with respect.
• You are responsible for washing you own clothes, as well as the bed linen & towels during the stay (its provided) we do ask
that you ensure the bed is left made with clean sheets when you leave (we have spare linen).
• We kindly request no food be in bedrooms. If you have lollies, these must be kept up in top shelf of wardrobe as one of our
dogs Crumbles is a master lolly thief and will find them otherwise.
• Our fridge and pantry are well stocked, but please supply your own alcoholic drinks and soft-drinks if you like them. We
have a great coffee machine, tea and filtered water than you are welcome to use as much as little as you like.
• You will need to supply your own personal toiletries (personal soap, shampoo etc).
• Very occasionally we have family stay on a weekend and may require the spare room, in this case, you may be temporarily
moved to the sofa bed in the games room – but this scenario is not very common and we will usually avoid it if we can. It
just depends on who the family is that’s staying.
We have had some excellent Helpx guests over the past year, several who have been return visitors. The last 2 Christmases we have had HelpX guests be a part of our family Christmas. We just ask our guests to be considerate while staying with us and you will be rewarded with a stay in a great house, with laid back, friendly people and you will make friends with our friends during your stay if you are.