All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 35
Category: Non Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 83420
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: January 7, 2019
We are a unique coast property located on the Coromandel Peninsula. We are a retreat and event centre that caters for private retreats, festivals, weddings and corporate events.
We are looking for people with skills in;
- Native forest restoration
- General maintenance
General tasks can be: cutting grass, noxious weed control, rack maintenance, some heavy lifting, painting buildings, planting and working in green manures, preparing beds for plantings, making compost, mulching, and general tidy up of the garden.
What is the exchange?
- 5 days per week of 5 hours help in exchange for food and accommodation, 2 days off.
-You will have your own private accommodation in either a house truck or caravan.
- We provide the food you do your own cooking. You will have access to fresh veggies from our onsite garden and food from our communal kitchen.
- Minimum commitment of 2 weeks, extended stay is possible on a case by case basis
- Free WiFi
- Gas hot showers and eco-composting toilets
- You will get to live at a sanctuary, a peaceful place of stillniss in a spacious natural environment. We provide a harmonious balance of work, rest and play.
- 2 minutes walk through the forest to one of the most pristine beaches in New Zealand.
- Mountain biking and bushwalking trails at your doorstep
We are a place that must be experienced to be believed!
Contact us now if you're interested. Please let us know your gardening and land work experience, background in Permaculture and organic growing and any special skills you can offer.