Azinheira dos barros
All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 1
Persons: 1 or 2
Category: Non Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 84177
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: April 8, 2018
Hello to all travelers
I'm Paolo and I'm Italian
From September of last year I rented a house in a remote land in Portugal.
it is a very large house, located 120 km south of Lisbon and 25 km from the ocean in a very quiet and peaceful valley.
The nearest village, Azinheira do Barros, offers essential services, is 4 kilometers away.
the neighborhood is made up of country houses inhabited by Portuguese and northern Europeans who live a super quiet life and who have created a small community of solidarity here.
During my experience as a HELPER in one of their homes I immediately established a wonderful relationship with everyone that led me to do everything to have that house.
the desire is to buy it one day, but waiting for that time I have to live it or make it live.
For family reasons I can not go there this year so often and I SEARCH for someone who:
- "live" the house also when i'm not there
- enjoy the amazing multicultural neighbors
- prepare and look after the vegetable garden.
- repair the chicken house
- go surf
- perform some carpentry and maintenance work
- build a small shading canopy
- ride a bicycle
- help the nearby Mrs. Maria when necessary
- go visit nearest villages
- renew an hold stone builded wood howen
- your own house has with 2 bed rooms one big bathroom and a functionally kitchen
- when i'm there (rare this year) i'll provide to cook you italian meals or i'll be happy to taste your country folk food
- when i'm not, there is a lot of food into the house and vegetable garden will provide the rest
- the funny neighborough eat togheter almost every night there are other helpxer working in that valley. is it always very nice
TRAVEL and MOBILITY
- to arrive there is a bus from Lisbon four runs every day that leave you in Grandola than one more small bus to Azinheira but during my stay i can pick you up directly in Grandola
- to move around i'll provide one or a couple of bicycle or maybe a small bike we will see. In a short future i planned to buy couple of horses but i don't know yet when exactly
i'm actually a host also in Italy, in Reggio Emilia, with a cultural hub with workshops every day. we already host many travelers finding fantastic the intercultural exchange and receiving lot of nice and precious feedback.
I leave you some pictures and keep waiting for your calls for more information and details
A big hug and have a good trip wherever you go
good Karma to everyone