SALUT, HELLO, HOLA,
We are Clement (French) and Bryony (English) both 35 years old, Homo sapiens sapiens in wild. We live here in our wooden cabin (hand built by Clement) with our Dog Tess, a 5 year old Belgium Shepherd.
Ten years ago Clement was a helper too, in Latin America and recently Bryony has had experience as a helper which informed her decision to leave her city life in England and relocate to France to live in nature, to farm and also create art.
We are situated in Rosieres-Aux-Salines, a small commune near Nancy in Lorraine, the north east of France. Clement has worked on the project of self sustainable, self built cabin situated in an orchard since 2010 and he became a farmer (organic and bio culture) 2 years ago, he now has a large vegetable farm. This beautiful place is ready to host helpers, back packers and people willing to help and live a particular collective experience.
Different systems are already set up: dry toilets, wood kitchen, solar electricity, tanks for rainwater, solar dry plants and also in the garden, fences, design, fruit trees, aromatic places. As it’s a long time project, we need support to continue to make this place more autonomous and alive with people from all over the world.
Since the beginning, community, exchanges, meetings and co-working are the elements which created this place, you are invited to take part in this adventure! Two types of work will be possible: on the cabin and in the garden.
WE NEED HELP TO...
- complete building a house for chickens and ducks
- finish the pond
- finish green roof,
- build a kiln for ceramic - to finish inside the cabin with a coating earth and lime,
- to set up a system of domestic water (for the moment, we drink and cook water from the village and we take showers in our friend’s house in the village : that’s why it will be one of the 1st work),
- to build a cellar for storing food
IN THE GARDEN:
- picking fruits and vegetables,
- hand weeding,
- picking and to sorting seeds,
- seeding for winter,
- setting up a place for birds pray,
FOR THE LIVING SPACE:
- Cooking and cleaning for the collective,
- Drying and conserving fruits, vegetables and plants,
- Making fruit juice,
- Open for all desire of land art expression,
SPIRIT OF THE PLACE :
Permaculture (what does this mean to you? Discuss your ideas with us!), pacific, friendly, very close to the nature and all species living in the place, respect, freedom and expression, conversation, music, art, philosophy, sharing experiences, humour (even black sometimes), and relaxation of course.
Just two questions
What are your experiences and competence in building and or gardening?
What are you looking for in this experience?
ABOUT THE COMMODITIES
- Individual tent or tipi (with mattress) for all helpers (max 3 persons this year) are available.
- If the system of shower is not open, you will take showers at out’ friends house.
- I will provide vegetables and eggs. If you would like meat, we can share the purchase.
- The place is 1,5km far from the village, where you can take the bus to Nancy, the « big city ».
- There are shops (bakery, pharmacy etc) in the village, you can find beers, wine, cakes and croissants.
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE:
- For Clement to improve his English and for us both to practice all foreign languages.
- to travel the world in our own place! By cohabiting and working with people from around the globe
- to meet great people and share ideas!
A bientôt, Hasta pronto, See you soon ...