All Year: Yes
Persons: 1 or 2
Host ID: 86980
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: December 10, 2018
Hi everyone I'm a mom of an autistic lovely 5 years old boy,I've been struggling for 3 years so my child can get a therapy or can go to school. He was rejected from 3 schools, I had to go to an other city 100 kilometers three times a week to get him speech tearapy, we had a hard time and everything was overwhelming for me and my son , we finally found out that there is no structure in our country to help our son and only parents need to pay a very expensive charges to have any specific therapy if they can find it , so we decided to Stay at home and as his mom choose to be his own therapist and the dad work full time job in 3 jobs .
At the beginning I tried to do many tasks in a row, preparing the recepies for his diet and his detox, preparing the activities, working with him natural therapy session to work on his development skills, work on his independent skills, clean the house and prepare the meals take him to play or a sport club.. In the end of trying to be a super mom I had a burn out And I couldn't do this all by my self.. we needed a break and an experience that can inspire us and make a big change in our daily life. Last year my cousin's friend who is a traveller and work as an ABA tutor in London came to Morocco and we proposed to host him in our house through coushsurfing in exchange of his attitude and knowledge, we had a very beautiful experience receiving him in our house that used to be in larache city north Morocco. The experience was wonderful , he shared with as many beautiful things such as his experience with autistic children his knowledge and his interesting Chinese culture . This visit helped my child and inspired me to do a lot of things , one of them is to meet other people from Worldwide who can inspire me to be a better person and to explore more horizons that can help us to continue fighting for our son ,a'd help him as much as we can , This lifestyle offers a lot of flexibility to me, my husband and son . And we become more positive .Also as I love traveling and hearing stories about news culture . Since the last year, we have had the pleasure of hosting beautiful people from worldwide .
This year I joined helpx because I want to meet people who loves volunteering around the world.
If one of you is excited to travel to Morocco and help a family with an autistic boy, you are very welcomed in our house
We are a family with one lovely child , an easy going mom called Siham ( biology degree from university) who loves adventure, archeology , swimming, likes to explore news things...and my husband Said who is very quiet ( a high school frensh literature teacher who loves reading books , playing guitar, Andalusian music) and our cute son who likes swimming, playing ball and who need a volunteer who can help him to learn new skills , if you have skills that concerns (natural play therapy, speech, occupational tearapy, functional neurology, sport ..
We are open to any therapy that can help our child to improve.
If you can help in any tasks in the house and support us please welcome.
lots of love and positive thoughts .
**Cultural exchange and learning opportunities:
- We would like to show you how life is like in Morocco, to make you discover our traditions, music, food , architecture and many other things in the moroccan culture.
- Our guest or volunteer are welcome to stay from two weeks to a month . You won't spend nothing on the food as I cook for everyone Moroccan different Tajines so you will have the opportunity to discover our Moroccan spices and all special meals . Only dinners if you want to buy some fruits.
- We can also help you organize a very cheap trips to other cities far away from our town by giving you recommendations or hosting you in our family houses if we can .
- you can have the opportunity to learn Arabic and French , I'm Talkative and also like to hear about other people's life and experiences, so we can have a long conversations .
- playing with Houssam makes you embrace your inner child , discovering the world through his eyes that will leads you to enrich your own personal empowerment .
- making a small changes in his daily life and seeing his progress can inspire you and gives you an opportunity to feel a sincere rejoicing and pride.
- Practice being creative and trying out new and exciting ways of introducing new games.
- in our daily life we need to be detectives and find out what houssam's motivations are, what makes him over stimulated, what makes him over excited and anxious... what happened before and after his behaviour , so I think every moment is an opportunity to discover something new about our child and about the autism mystery .
- you will have the opportunity to enjoy houssam's joy and excitement for simple things in life like watching a water fall or just having a shower ,the way he express his happiness is one of the most beautiful things that happens in my life .
Languages spoken :
Arabic, English, French
The volunteer will have a private room.
If we have an other volunteer you can share the room we have two beds - one double bed and single -
An access to a shared bathroom.
In the evening if you like or you can sit in with us in the living room .
you are of course welcome to be in our kitchen , you can prepare breakfast, sometimes I have a bad sleep with Houssam so I sleep more in the morning, you can prepare breakfast.
We eat breakfast separate and launch together .
We don't offer dinner, we usually don't eat dinner just some fruits, you can buy fruits next to the market eny extra fruits is realy welcome because we all want a healthy life hhh - we have market every Thursday near the house- the average is between 4 dh to 15 dh .
I can cook traditional Moroccan food for lunch and you can learn how to prepare by helping me and I have a book in English that you can read the recepies and instructions.
Moroccan food is delicious.