All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 10
Host ID: 8783
Region: BC, Northern
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: May 20, 2018
We run a riding and petting zoo located in the heart of beautiful North BC.
Apart from offering trail rides, pony rides and a petting zoo to the public we also host a non-profit program which provides equine assisted life skill learning courses/workshops for at-risk youth and children with mental health needs (e.g. autism, FASD, ADHD, etc.)
We recently moved to a beautiful new location conveniently closer to Smithers. The place provides a lot more space and offers unparalleled opportunities for trail riding and exploring amidst serene white peaked mountains and forested hills. Relocating a whole ranch with all of its human and animal inhabitants is quite an undertaking and we are working hard to get the ranch and learning center up and running.
We are looking for helpers all year round who are comfortable working at a ranch (especially with horses and other small farm animals) and who can offer a positive contribution on a daily basis. We have horses, ponies, sheep, goats, llamas, dunky, rabbits, guinea pigs, dogs, cats, chickens, ferrets, hamster and a parrot that need to be fed, watered and loved every day. For the trail rides you will need to catch, brush and saddle up horses as well as handling young horses to get them used to people. If you are already a horse person, great. If not, we will help you until you become confident around them.
What we want from you:
We expect around 5 hours of work per day and the schedule is pretty flexible. Work includes:
- daily feeding and taking care of animals
- cleaning animal pens
- fence fixing
- horse training
- help running trail rides with guests
- making and decorating trails - our new location needs new trails!
- cleaning up the terrain
- general house chores and paperwork
- building/decorating/art projects
- general house cleaning and help moving contents/organising
- and much much more!
What you get from us:
- food and accommodation - open fridge policy and a nice warm bed
- unlimited wifi
- help getting paid work in town if that is something you would like to do
- as much horse riding as you like
- countless opportunities and areas for fishing, hiking, northern lights watching, bear watching, hunting and year round outdoor fun
- cable TV, tons of DVDs and books
- possible use of vehicle if you have a licence
- a positive life experience
If our ranch sounds like somewhere you think you could benefit from then please give us a call or email and we can take it from there!