All Year: no
Category: Accommodation Business
Host ID: 88377
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: November 5, 2018
Previously , my husband used to be English and French teachers but we then moved to the Finance world. After much travelling, 6 years ago, my husband and I decided to settle down in the South of France with our children to run a property with 5 holiday Gites. We were both Exchange Students when we were young and therefore like to host and welcome people. My family is also in the hotel industry.
Further to managing our gites, I also work in the home decoration field and love to give second life to old furniture or objects that we would throw away…
We have 3 children. Our 2 eldest kids are at University and we have a 5 year-old boy. My husband is travelling much for his business, and even though my family is nearby, I would not mind a bit of extra help…
Where we live…
We live in a beautiful area located 5 km from the beaches, full of history, very touristic and very sunny.
To give you a better idea, we are 15 km from Perpignan and 30 km from the Spanish border. In less than 2 hours you are in Barcelona, Toulouse, Montpellier or in the Ski resorts of the Pyreneans.
What kind of work do I need help for?
• take care of the garden (watering plants, weeding, mowing, cutting small branches, etc),
• in summer help with pool cleaning , swiping the pool terrace or do errand jobs if needed (it may be helping clean the gites if needed but that would be very occasional)
• help from time to time with furniture painting, decorating, customising etc.
• 1 or 2 evening per week, watch my 5 year old boy
• Take my golden retriever for walks
Who am I expecting?
• A girl or a boy willing to help 2 to 4 hours per day 5 to 6 days a week
• This person must be very friendly, honest, respectful and kind
• Someone with an English background or native speaking would be an asset as I would like my son to learn English
• Someone who likes DIY, deco, children and dogs
• Someone who is willing to participate in our home life (dinner preparation, clear the table…)
• Someone willing to stay for a min of 1 month
What do we offer?
• We propose you board and lodging with your own bedroom with internet and TV, excellent meals
• You can use the swimming pool and use the gym whenever you wish
• We have a bike that you can use in your free time, ping-pong table…
• In your free time, you might want to enjoy the beach, do some mountain climbing or run errands to visit our nice area
• We also have a chalet in the mountain, you are welcome to come with us when we go if you wish
When applying, please:
• Go and check our website or facebook page
• Tell us about yourself, where you are now and when you would you like to come
• When you arrive, note that we will need a copy of your passport of ID (this is required with our rental business but also for our insurances).