All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 8
Category: Non Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 90868
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: April 22, 2019
Welcome to NZ! We hope we can enhance your NZ experience.
We are Scott & Sheryl.
We live on an 18 acre lifestyle block with a private lake 45 minutes out of Auckland CBD.
We have a ranch style country house. At the end of a long drive is a modern, 225m2 cedar home set into the hillside with a view across the water from every room of the house.
What we provide you?
* Auckland Airport Pick Up
* Evening meals for 6 days of the week. (Not Saturday) Guests welcome to eat with us or warm up and eat when they like. If we don’t cook we will take you out for dinner. Lunch and breakfast is help yourself - we usually have bread, cereals, cheese or you can come to the supermarket with us.
* We will take you out boating & fishing. Take you around Auckland City and show you some site seeing.
We are after general farm work either a couple or single person preferable with experience with farm machinery, tools, equipment. However not 100% required.
We would ask you to work 4-5 hours a day for 4 days. Some days you may be working alongside Scott or Sheryl.
Some of the jobs required are:
* General house maintenance
* Gardening such as trimming trees, mulching, spraying & weeding
* General fencing/ Post & Rail
* Firewood cutting including tree felling
* Some animal work from time to time
* These may need feeding - We currently have x3 cows and x2 sheep however may change at times.
Please write the dates you are interested in coming and what experience you have if any working with farm tools.
There is always plenty to do on the property and you can choose to stay shorter or longer with us.
A little bit about us -
• We have 4 bedroom home. When you stay you will have your own double room with private bathroom. This is so you can also relax and enjoy your own space whenever you feel (Our Sleepout)
• Scott & I enjoy meeting people and most of all we love hosting others. Taking them around & showing them places. During weekends or day's off. We have x2 pet Ragdoll cats and x1 dog. No children.
* Some of Scott’s interests are – Snowboarding/ Wakeboarding, Fishing, Diving, old cars & aircrafts.
* Some of Sheryl’s interests are – Cooking, Snowboarding/ Wakeboarding, Fishing, Jet skiing and of course shopping.
• We like to socialise and sometimes have friends over which we welcome you to join us.
Experience good to have:
• Ability to use a chainsaw (Experience required to use or be very competent handyperson),
• Quadbike skills
• Tree trimming and weedeating,
• In short, the external work is varies from farming work to general handyperson work: wood cutting, digging holes for fence posts, gutter cleaning, water blasting, gardening etc)
• Inside work: general cleaning, handyman jobs.
You are welcome to relax in our home – lounge, kitchen, deck etc.. We want you to treat our home like your own home.
• Laundry: You are welcome to use our washing machine/laundry facilities during your stay.
• Internet: We have unlimited Internet.
• TV: We have TV with Netflix and SkyTV in the Lounge
Overall we are after someone/couple with a good attitude and ability to work / learn to work independently as well as work with Scott or Sheryl. You must be responsible enough to manage costly tools.
We look forward to meeting you!
Scott & Sheryl