All Year: Yes
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 92360
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: May 17, 2019
I am Patrick, 45 years old. I live with my 13 y.o son (1 week every 2 weeks). We live in a wooden house I made, in the middle of the forest, next to a small river. The place is very peaceful and quiet however, we are 5 min away from Llanes, the closed village.
My last project: build a 8m high dome to welcome contact danse's group or other fun events.
The help needed:
- Transplant small trees (oak tree, hazel tree, and more) to prepare the place. We already transplanted more than a thousand... and there are still more !!
- Build a retaining wall before leveling the place.
- Prepare the wood to build the rest of the fence.
- prepare a space to be ready to welcome tents.
- And many other tasks to bring this project to successful !
Other project you can help with:
- Continue the construction of my tree hut (I try to finish it since years): finish the roof made with hazel's branches, close the corners, etc.
- Clean and organize a part of the garden where I am practising a little bit to much permaculture.
- Build a wooden bridge
- Put up a yurt.
- other things that come to my mind while I am walking in the finca.
We typicaly work from 10am to 2pm. We all eat at my parents place who live nearby and are happy to cook for us. On the afternoon I usually continue my home works but you are free to do what you want.
There are many great places in the finca to hillout, and nice walking path. In Llanes you could find everything you would need: supermarket, shops, theater, bars, restaurants. There are also very lovely beaches all along the coast.
Actually, there is another volunteer with me. My house is big enough for 3 but there is not much privacy as it's an open space. I am sure we will find a nice way to make everyone happy and comfy. I plan to build another space in the garden as a room. With years, I manage to make this place very comfy: practical kitchen well equipped, hot water shower, nice and strong hearth, internet. More then we really need !!
For me, all we do here is more amusement then work. I see Life as a game where everything is possible if we believe it and if we are not scared to fail the first times.
I am looking for help but also fun, relax and positive partner. To be quick, and give you an idea of who I am here are some sentences or words I like to live with:
Recycling, Reusing, and above all Reducing !
Everything happen for a reason. Live it, Love it, Learn it.
The less you care, the happy you will be.
Dream it, Believe it, Achieve it.
Last info: I am Spanish and I speak Spanish, French and English.