All Year: No : April - September
Area (ha): 105
Host ID: 93199
Region: BC, South Western
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: June 23, 2019
Our property consists of over 100 hectares of wilderness, nestled in the Cascade Mountain Range in southwestern British Columbia, near the small town of Tulameen. Here we have a small farm (home to sheep, ducks and chickens) and we are developing a large complex of organic flower and vegetable gardens, as well as a small fruit orchard.
During the month of July, we host inspirational and spiritual healing retreats for guests. Please see our website link above for more details on these retreats.
The gardens we are building will be used to grow food for the retreats, as well as create sacred spaces for guests to enjoy. We have a circle of standing stones for meditation, a garden built in the shape of a Fibonacci spiral, and will be working on adding a stone labyrinth this year.
Our property is perfectly suited to those that love the outdoors. There are many great opportunities for hiking in the mountains, cycling on the Trans-Canada Trail (which passes nearby), and swimming in the local lakes and rivers in summer. It's also a wonderful space for those with an interest in meditation, yoga, or mind-body wellness: we have a beautiful and spacious on-site meditation and yoga studio that you can use during your stay.
We are not close to any major towns or cities, so this is a property suited for those that love nature and the stillness and tranquil beauty of the mountains.
What we're looking for:
- helpers with experience in landscaping and gardening
- helpers with experience in carpentry
- helpers with experience in stonework or masonry
- helpers who love animals
- helpers who are comfortable with vegetarian diet (we are a vegan family and would like our helpers to also keep a vegetarian or vegan diet during their stay)
Accommodation we offer:
The accommodation on our property for helpers is a self-contained and spacious Fifth Wheel Trailer. This unit has it's own kitchen (including a refrigerator, oven and gas range for cooking) and two sleeping areas - one with a Queen-size bed and one with a single bed. This would be suitable for either one couple or two singles. There is also WiFi connection and Netflix available. The bathroom (toilet, sink and shower) is accessible inside our house, which is just steps away.
Guidelines for Helpers:
- we expect helpers to work 8 hours a day on weekdays (Monday-Friday) and 1 hour a day on weekends (Saturday-Sunday)
- there is no cellphone reception in the area; we offer access to our home telephone (including long distance calls) 3x a week
- we are strictly non-smoking
- helpers are expected to prepare their own meals but we provide for groceries
- the nearest local shop is 3km away (for basic necessities) and the closest major shopping centre is 30km away (we can provide transportation to this area once a week for larger shopping trips)