Hej hej! This is Mats (45), a Finnish outdoorer living in North Sweden, Kiruna with my wife and kids. We have a big house and a dream project. We are projecting a village along the river with some wood cabins. And we hope to get them ready for the next season starting November.
A few years ago I bought this land in Kurravaara, which is located 1h and 30' min from Abisko, and 2h 30' to Narvik the border with Norway, in the forest along the river. Its a fantastic location, very quiet and green.
We are located at Kurravaara, 10 minutes by car or bus to Kiruna. The nature in here is just amazing, the river, the forest, the midnight sun, the fauna, it is all overwhelmed in a magic atmosphere. The surrounding forests are great for hiking and wandering around for photography. The views are just stunning.
We are a very easy going team, friendly and open to new cultures, and we'd love to host people from all around the globe.
I'm an Outdoor person, I lead tours from so many years and I know as much about this land and its fauna as a genuine Sami!
We have some few projects to start which need some of your help.
We need some help for:
- painting (indoor) some wood swedish style cabins.
- We need to restructure the cabins, they are not in bad conditions, but need some work and the utilities to set up, etc
- We need a hand to decorate the cabins with recicle materials, so all your creativity is very welcomed!.
- We need some help on cleaning the cabins, but it is light cleaning.
- We are looking forward to have preferably people with the following profile:
- Outdoorer, tour guides, carpentry, massage therapist. (Men and Women)
- It will be a plus if you have knowledge on eco-bulding in past experiences.
- You'll work no more than 8h per day so you have plenty of time to roam around. And you can organize your working hours the best they suit you.
- We'll provide for food and accomodation.
- There is also a car we can borrow to get you into the city (Kiruna), but not for traveling, we can take you to the train/bus station anytime.
- You can do FlyFishing, Hiking, Photography, boating and Fauna watching (moose, reindeers, birds, foxes, and wild rabbits)
- You'll have 2 days off, to visit all the parks around (Abisko, Jukkasjärvi (where Ice Hotel is located) the Sami Camp (feed the reindeers and experince their life and culture), Nikkaluokta, etc...
- We'll teach you how to fish, make a fire, cook food and coffee on open fire and lot of things about wilderness.