All Year: Yes
Category: Backpacker Hostel
Host ID: 94729
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: January 24, 2020
We are a small independent hostel located in the city centre of Bournemouth. We are located walking distance to the Lower Gardens and beautiful beaches of Bournemouth and are surrounded by many restaurants, pubs and shops.
Bournemouth is a popular travel destination and have been voted best beach in the UK 2019 by Trip Advisor.
We are looking for volunteers all year long on different roles, ready to join our friendly team!
We have a team of 8-10 volunteers at a time which is constantly changing so feel free to contact us any time.
*** Social volunteer (1 month stay minimum)
At the moment, we are wanting someone who has a positive energy, and is motivated and confident to interact with others.
We need help executing our weekly social events: the family dinner mainly, our music night, set up the language exchange group and more.
Both events have been in action since last summer and your role would involve encouraging guests and volunteers to join, creating a positive and inviting atmosphere and helping with the running of the events.
We are wanting to offer other weekly social events, for example a movie night, games night or similar.
Type of help:
- Talking to guests socialising,
- Helping with the weekly Language Exchange group and Family Dinner.
- Share travel stories, and create unique experiences for you and everyone else.
- Helping making this place a happy memorable experience for any guests and volunteers. :)
*** Reception volunteer (6 weeks minimum stay)
The basic deal is you work in reception three shifts per week for your bed = 24h
For the reception, we have three different shifts each day:
1. Morning shift (8am - 2pm) checking guests out, doing the laundry, making sure all is ready and prepared for the check ins, doing a few daily and weekly cleaning tasks.
2. Evening shift (2pm - 8pm), checking if everything is ready for the guests, check in guests, make them feel at home and comfortable. You are the first contact point the guest has. Continue with
3. Night shift (8pm - 8am), it is the longest shift but it has the least amount of fixed tasks.
Finish off check ins, prepare the hostel for the night, and also the next day. Usually, you can sleep in between, you are just on call in case a guest needs something or there is an emergency. And in the morning clean the kitchen (unless we are busy then we have someone doing that).
*** Housekeeping volunteer (1 month stay minimum)
Generally, we have three to four different tasks per day that needs to be done everyday of the week.
1. Bathroom cleaning - early morning,
2. Housekeeping - from 11am,
3. kitchen cleaning - early morning,
4. Overall cleaning of kitchen+bathroom - evening
One "shift" covers one day/night. So it'd be 7 shifts per week. The shifts are calculated for 2-3h but if it's done faster it's done. ;)
We can arrange days-off if you like. You would just need to do 2 shifts during a day to cover your day off.
Do you like painting? Are you an artist? Have you painted walls before?
We are looking for a volunteer that could help to create murals (beach scenes and more) on our boring grey walls. Unfold your great talent and come join us to add some colors in our hostel!
Do you like to have your hands digging the soil, planting, flowers and bees?
We need a volunteer by now ready to work on our green spaces around the building to give it some love and affection. :)
- We offer accommodation in the staff dorm or similar: 6-bed dorm.
- Free tea and coffee anytime, pancake breakfast on the Sunday morning.
- All the facilities, such as kitchen and bathrooms are shared with all other volunteers/workers, and the guests.
- We sometimes needs extra shifts (in various areas). In that case, we pay £20/extra shift. :)
- You will have the opportunity to live and volunteer near UK’s best beach in 2019.
- The opportunity to improve your spoken english, and learn and practise other languages. The hostel is a melting pot of languages, cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.
- You get to be part of a team, make new friends for life, and learn new skills and qualities.
- Create lifetime memories.
- We have a couple of bikes that you're welcome to use!
The schedule is generally quite flexible and is made on a weekly basis.
Most important is to have fun. Make the people comfortable and enjoy their time here, and
make sure the place is homey (clean, etc.). We are all live-in people so it actually is our home!
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Hungarian, depends on the volunteers ;)
If you love staying in social hostels and enjoy having a great time... Look no further. Come and join us for an unforgettable experience!!!
Don't hesitate to message me if you have any questions!
See you soon,