All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 0.5
Host ID: 94745
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: January 8, 2020
Two neighboring homesteaders with some animals in a small scale gardening setting, driving biodynamics and permaculture to an ecstatic union.... and at the same time a clinic for environmental medicine and spiritual healing, an alternative webshop and a spiritual-ecological adult education center and event organizer....and at the same time just people with their daily life: raising a wonderful daughter of 6 years, living the good life in the country side, with animals, garden, bees and handwork.
during the summer months a very lively place, almost like a workcamp festival. The rest of the year a calm place in the woods, perfect for nature lovers. On the other hand, Oslo is just 30 minutes away (direct bus connection), and the University of Life Sciences and agriculture is in walking distance at the end of "our" lake ( 5 km).
Marianne and Raphael are travelling a lot these months - whereas Ingelin is always home with her little daughter Gioja (6 yrs) and 6 chickens and cock, 2 rabbits, 3 ducks, 3 beehives and a dog. She can always offer hospitality to a helper (but usually only one at a time) in exchange for childcare, garden work and building / maintenance.
On the farm (its really more a spot in the woods), all is small scale but with a big open heart and an enthusiasm for beauty and new solutions. And since we are expanding , we have a lot of building going on. During the last four years we have built a pond and a straw-bale cabin plus raised beds and chicken stable, wooden structures, experimental beehives and an amazing panoramic lakeview outdoor toilet - all with many helping hands from helpers. A geodome greenhouse is our next dream. You can learn from our special expertise with spiritual bee-keeping , detox and natural health research on light , building biology , spiritual matters and meditation, ecological-political activism (- plus international projects within ecological farming).
In a way, we would love to only work with bees and trees, compost and veggies but in fact it is the office and the shop generates the income to make the garden possible, and thus we also need urgent help with graphic design, development and maintenance of websites and webshop, promotion of events, finding pictures for the newsletter etc regarding our international course work about spiritual ecology, biographical healing and environmental medicine. For language learners, even reception and customer care can be an option (Norwegians tend to speak English well and mix it into their mother tongue; also, many of our clients speak German).
Of course, you are welcome to participate in our courses in case they coincide with your stay: a.o.on treecare, biodynamics, spiritual ecology and natural beekeeping. -
- WHAT WE NEED:
>> At any time:
- Design work, Webdesign, Computer support, marketing through the web and social media, help with finding pictures and design elements for websites, facebook etc a good playground for creative minds!
- building, maintenance, repair
- In between: Child care (Gioja speaks German and Norwegian)
- Skilled carpenters always welcome.
- May-July: Flower essence work, both outside and inside; Garden work and construction; help to set up a greenhouse and a house for the bees; all wood beehives in special forms for natural beekeeping (Sunhive, top bar hive etc); hopefully also a seminar house, all wood log cabin type with many details of ecological building.
- In the summer weeks of late July and august: garden work, compost, tree care etc
- Middle of July - end of september: a short but intensive work period: New building, in addition to the common work in garden and woods. - Help to build a geodome greenhouse, a bee-house and (if all goes well) a seminar house-on-wheels, all wood logcabin type with many details of ecological building (for inspiration see baubiologie.de etc). Skilled carpenters especially welcome.
Also: Design work, marketing through the web and social media. harvesting, tree care and forest gardening.
- In late fall and winter: a more peaceful work period, dedicated to "groundwork" with house maintenance and creative development of flower essencnes, websites etc.
>> Both long term or short stay helpers are welcome.
--- Working in small group of max 3,
--- Housing in log cabins or a strawbale cabin.
> We need to count on your engagement and flexibility - due to work peaks, timelines and weather conditions while you can count on us when it comes to learning resources and inspiring new concepts.
! Be aware that this is not a real farm. No big scale farmland with grains and the like. In a way we are training for bigger projects to come (ecovillage spiritual farming community) - and in the meantime we are working as intensely as possible with the little exquisite gem of a garden-forest-lake-landscape.
Type of help
Babysitting / child care
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
Translation and creative writing
Cultural exchange and learning opportunities
You will certainly meet many new ideas and many languages...
Help needed with
Graphic design and product development: Flower Essences.
Help with running Website development, wepshop and marketing for our courses etc.
Help to build a seminar house, all wood logcabin type with many details of ecological building.
Help to build a (permaculture) visitors house and geodome greenhouse, wood gardening.
German, English, Norwegian, Italian, French, a little Greek and Russian
Cabins in the garden, 5 to 40 meters away from the main house: Two log cabins, one strawbale cabin.
The kitchen and the bathroom is shared for us all in the main house, besides there is an outdoor compost "panorama toilet" with scenic view of the lake ;)
swimming in the lake just beside our garden - or skating in the winter :) ; canooing, hiking, mountain biking, nordic ski ....
helping with beekeeping
Internet access: yes.
We have pets