All Year: Yes
Category: Backpacker Hostel
Host ID: 9688
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: April 11, 2019
After having worked for Oral English College for 8 years (that's why the reviews are all about Oral English College), I decided to try something new and I am now working in a guesthouse in Yangshuo.
To be a volunteer here, you need to be:
1. Outgoing and easygoing.
2. Over 18 years old.
3. Work for at least one month.
What do you do here?
1. Activity: Show guests around Yangshuo, cycling, mountain climbing, etc; OR organize indoor games, like board games, etc.
2. Cook daily meals for staff when the chef is off duty (three days a month).
3. Help the chef to do the dishes and clean the kitchen before and after meals.
4. Other cleaning work, such as cleaning bicycles, sweep the floor, etc
5. Workload: 6 hours a day, 2 daysí work and 1 dayís rest.
What do we offer?
1. Dorm bed for free (public shower & toilet).
2. Breakfast allowance, free lunch and dinner.
3. Great environment for meeting new people and sharing ideas.
Our guesthouse is run by a Chinese husband-Japanese wife couple Dongdong and Axiang. We met each other at a famous place for international backpackers in Kolkata of India.
We hope our guesthouse can be like Sudder street: Travelers encounter each other, share stories and have unforgettable memories on the way.
We have a super wide open kitchen(local market is 300m out of the guesthouse), a swimming pool in the 400m sq back side garden, washing clothes and hang out area on rooftop, BBQ and music party area outdoor in the yard, and bar, cafe, reading, dinning, game and movie areas indoor of our big hall and parking area is in front of the guesthouse.
We are located in a village near Yangshuo downtown, 15 minutes(1.4km) walk from central downtown West Street area. It's quiet and peaceful enough to enjoy the typical Yangshuo village landscape, close and convenient enough for downtown shopping and West Street night life.