All Year: Yes
Area (ha): 2 acres
Persons: 1 or 2
Category: Organic Farmstay
Host ID: 99064
Note: Please login or register if you wish to see all full size photos and part reviews. You will also require to upgrade to premier membership in order to view contact details, weblinks and complete reviews.
Last Updated: July 8, 2020
We hope to help you get the most from your NZ experience.
( will upload photos soon) :-)
**We can accommodate you from July 15 2020**
We enjoy a relaxed country lifestyle with a small organic veggie, microgreen and herb seedling nursery.
There’s an organic orchard with plums, pears, apple, nashi, orange and grapefruit. A veggie garden that we’d like to expand.
Free range chickens keep us well supplied with delicious eggs.
Alpacas, calf, German shepherd dog and tonkinese cats and we adore all our animals.
The property is just 1 minute from the Motorway, 5 mins to Drury Village shopping centre. 15 minutes to Pukekohe Township.
20 minutes to Hunua Ranges / Regional Park with sensational walking tracks and waterfall.
30-40 mins to Auckland CBD.
5 minute walk to Maketu Falls and swimming hole.
There are several local weekend markets to explore too.
We’re in a good spot for easy day trips to lots of cool places, such as the Bay of plenty. Hot water Beach. Hamilton . You can pack a picnic lunch and off you go.
What we can provide.
* Auckland Airport Pick Up and/or Drop Off .
* Dinner meal for 5 days of the week with organic garden fresh veg and herbs.
* Lunch and breakfast is usually help yourself - mostly homemade and seasonal choices.... fresh baked bread, eggs, homemade granola, yogurt, fruit, cheeses, relishes, garden produce, micro greens. Lots of homemade goodness. Vegetarians no problem.
* If we're available we can drive you to public transport (train/bus) if required. Your own transport would be very handy for you though.
* A double bedroom with comfy queen bed.
* Outdoor swimming pool (seasonal)
* Full easy to use laundry facilities .
* Unlimited wifi.
* Netflix and Lightbox available on TV in living room or available to log on your own Device.
What we need.
We’d like you to be keen to pitch in with day to day happenings on the property. A couple or single person preferably with experience with garden equipment and tools. However not 100% necessary.
We'd generally ask you to work 5 hours a day for 5 days a week doing things such as...
* Helping in the greenhouse , garden or nursery.
* General tidying up and cleaning.
* General house maintenance
* Weedeating. Mulching. Weeding.
* Firewood cutting.
* Feeding animals, collecting eggs, cleaning coop.
* Handyman type jobs.
* Gutter cleaning
* Interior house cleaning.
* Making fertiliser ( can teach you)
There is always plenty to do around the place and you can choose to stay shorter or longer. We are flexible with The hours and days you work too. Enabling you quality time to explore.
Experience good to have:
• Ability to use a chainsaw (Experience required)
Overall a person or couple with a good attitude and ability to work independently as well as alongside us.
You're welcome to send a message anytime.
We look forward to meeting you!