Antoine Cloet, 34
Email: click here
Network: New Zealand
Present Country: New Zealand
Join Date: December 25, 2019
Last Updated: February 16, 2020
Last Signed In: February 19, 2020
We are open to meet new people!
Fiordlands (end of feb2020), Caitlins, Abel Tasman NP/Nelson (Early march), North Island (mid
march until mid April) and then on to the Pacific Islands
We are Maxi & Toine, a Dutch/German couple (yes unbelievable but true!) on a sabbatical through New Zealand. We are both 30+ and don't necessarily need to do the Hostel Party experience all along; we'd rather learn about sustainability and of course your great country! And let's be honest, it is nice to stay in the same place a bit longer than to tourist-hop from viewpoint to viewpoint for 3 months, besides our European savings only last so far ;).
We are both outgoing people, lived and worked abroad for longer periods of time, and we like to 'roll up our sleeves' as we say in Holland and Germany. Maxi works in HR for a bank, and Toine has worked in Project Management and Procurement. But don't be fooled; we would like to gain experience in a more practical sustainable environment, but perhaps our management background could somehow be of assistance.
In our spare time we like to play the piano (novices), do sports (our goal is to come back fit from this trip) and Scuba-diving. Maxi is a great vegetarian cook, Toine comes prepared with a drone and video editing hobby equipment. We are both talkative but we can work by ourselves too. We like a beer on the weekend, but don't drink every day. We are both non-smokers and do not use drugs. We are also animal lovers, and welcome pets. We won't bring our own though, no space left in our luggage :). We don't mind young children either, could even look after the rascals like we did with our young cousins.
The practical stuff:
- We are currently traveling New Zealand. Our rough route is South Island until early march 2020, and then North Island until mid april.
- We have our own self-contained campervan, but we also enjoy staying at your accomodation as a nice alternative to living in the van full-time :)
- We both have driver's licenses and 12 yr driving experience.
- We both speak EN&DE. Additionally, Maxi speaks good Russian and is learning Dutch. Additionally, Toine's mother tongue is Dutch, and he speaks basic French and Spanish.
- We are very flexible, but our main focus would be on learning new skills in the field of sustainability.
- We would like to commit anything between 1-2 weeks.
- We are very honest and direct (Typical Dutch eh ;)) and you can be so with us!
- Maxi is vegetarian, Toine eats almost everything, not too much beef. We do vegan days, but not 100% vegan.
- We try to travel waste-free and are pro-active in reducing our plastic usage.
Looking forward to your reply!