Nicholas Florio, 28
from United States
Email: click here
Present Country: Costa Rica
Join Date: January 22, 2013
Last Updated: February 4, 2018
Last Signed In: February 6, 2018
Traveling through Rotorua, off to Napier, Hastings and Wellington next. I may do some (paid) work on farms in Hastings. Anxious for Wellington and the South Island. I've always wanted to travel through New Zealand. It seems such a shame to go about your day alone with no one to share this amazing experience with! I'm an avid hiker and nutritionist back in the states. Looking for friendly conversation, sharing of our life story and an overall wild adventure! Looking forward to hearing from you.
(Written 2012 New Zealand Trip)
Allow me to tell you a bit about myself. I've wanted to travel for awhile now; to see, do, and experience as much as possible. I have a free spirit and don't mold to the modern ways of life in America. Where it seems from one individual to the next, try to do out do each other by the next greatest materialist trophy obtained through monetary means. I'm trying to find an unconventional way of living that works for me. I would this life to consist of traveling, meeting new people, challenging myself and walking into unknown environments.
-Open and willing to learn.
I have many skills. As a young man at 16yrs - 19yrs old our summer 4 summer months between High School was dedicated to helping my Uncle and his mason company in New York. Masonry is very demanding on the body, particularly when you're dealing with cinder blocks, cement and scaffolding for 9 hour days. I was taught the value of a dollar, and hard work.
- ( Recently completed powerwashing an old metal roof of a large home in Whangarei)
- Very handy with a brush, as I've painted high arched ceilings and a bit of art work over the years. (completed painting a deck, polyurethained ceilings in KeriKeri)
-Can drive motorbikes and tractors, and handle chainsaws, mowers, trimmers, fallen trees.... (chopped fire wood in KeriKeri, very fun, great workout!)
- In good physical condition, Health Coach and Nutritionist in the states. I intend to learn a lot about healthy living and eating from middle earth New Zealand. There's a reason why most of the world is Obese. It starts with food.
- Dabbled in Gardening, I owned a farm share with my roomate in New Paltz for some time. I won't go far to say I'm an expert but the process of organic farming does indeed peak my interest.
- I have interests in the depth of work required to take care of farm animals. As a young boy my friend owned two horses ... perhaps one day I can one myself.
Thanks for reading!