Mattias Nielssen, 27
Email: click here
Present Country: Ireland
Join Date: September 1, 2011
Last Updated: May 26, 2019
Last Signed In: March 11, 2020
Hi there! It would be lovely to get to know people from Helpx! Just please read my profile, because I give a very good idea of who I am. Thank you and enjoy today!
My name's Mattias.
I don't drink or smoke and am not vegetarian(but can be if necessary for hosts)
I am not a fussy eater... In fact, I should say I have quite a big appetite!
I am very willing to learn and easy to live with. I work well in teams and on my own.
• Installing floor tiles. I have worked with ceramic tiles.
• Handling cement and mortar.
• I know how to work with earth clay and plastering, as I have helped to build two homes from earth.
• Qualified English teacher.
• I know how to use a screw-driver, circular saw, chainsaw, planer, jigsaw, sanding machine and a jackhammer.
• Very good, clear proper and fluent communication. (Useful for teaching, management and customer service)
• Very good interpersonal skills.
• Emotional intelligence.
• Customer service and communications.
I speak a few languages (Italian, German, Spanish, French and Swedish). Neither is fluent, I make mistakes, but I speak them well in general).
MY PERSONAL WEAKNESSES:
• I don't know how to drive.
• I'm not really too good with things to do with public presentation (for example gift wrapping, or making hotel rooms look nice). But I CAN clean a mirror!
WHO I AM:
I have learned a lot about myself in the last few years, from my positive experiences and my mistakes and screw ups. I know myself well for a young age, so what you see is what you get.
• I have a mild form of autism called Aspergers Syndrome. This means several things that are essential to know about me. First, I have a mind that processes things very differently, and that is not good or bad, just different.
The Aspergers in my case is not very strong, but it used to be and needed to work hard on becoming more "normal".
Now I can function well in general, and know how to be socialable and get on well with people. I process things differently from the rest of the world. Therefore I would appreciate your understanding and compassion if you ever get frustrated with me. This is something I will have all my life, it is not "cured".
• I understand instructions best when I am shown with actions rather than words, because I am a "kinaesthetic learner"... For example, rather than telling me how to do something with words, it is better for me if you simply take my hand and you use my hand (or my body in general) to do it, and in this way I will learn much better. Also, we all think differently with our words, we don't always mean the same thing.
• I am not good at all with "small talk". I feel anxious when I feel I have to do that. I just want to be honest about that.
• I can also be rather detached at certain times. However I do have my side which is very emotionally warm, open and giving, if I feel comfortable with someone. I also have a good sense of humour, I can laugh at myself, and I can be quite cheeky.
• I am an introvert, which in my case means I need my own private time to be alone with myself in order to "recharge my batteries". It helps me to feel better. I am not anti-social, but I want this introvert side of me to be understood. This also means that my own private space is essential for me, my sanctuary. However, I love it when I know that I am socially included, because I love getting to know new people.
• I am at times very quiet because I am very contemplative, so please don't mistake it for coldness or lack of interest in people. I care about people but I may not always show it.
Thank you for reading.