Kelly van Diest, 30
Email: click here
Present Country: Netherlands
Join Date: February 16, 2014
Last Updated: May 25, 2018
Last Signed In: September 12, 2018
I'm always interested in traveling together for a while, don't hesitate to send me a message to see if we can meet up somewhere!
Will be travelling the world fulltime again from July 2018, starting in
Canada from end of July till the end of October.
My name is Kelly, I'm 30 years old and I live in the Netherlands. I work as a deputy director and as a behaviour specialist in a primary school. I like spending my free time reading, cooking/baking, being outdoors horseback riding, doing photography or hiking. In 2017 I decided to give up one day of paid work to become more active in voluntary work, so now I work on a organic farm with mentally disabled people and I'm coaching a young refugee in her integration proces.
Since I work in the educational field, I have a lot of holidays and during these holidays I love to visit other countries. As my homeland is completely flat, I LOVE mountains!
After traveling solo through Thailand in summer 2013, I decided to visit the country on top of my wishlist in 2014: Canada. I had my first experiences with HelpX there and they made my trip even more memorable! In 2016 I traveled through South East Asia and New Zealand for 7 months and did some HelpX here and there.
What I like most about traveling in combination with HelpX is really connecting with it's residents: experience their culture, their daily life and find out what it's like to live there. Offering my skills in exchange for a place to sleep seems the perfect way to get to know people from a country better.
The kind of work expected from me is of less importance to me because in a family/group you just do what needs to be done and I'm always glad to help where I can.
However, I do have some skills/expertise I would like to clarify:
* I love animals and I've been riding horses since I was 10. I've got some experience working with cows, sheep, pigs and poultry. I don't mind getting my hands dirty and have been doing some light repair works on fences etc. No skills yet with large agricultural machinery, eager to learn though.
* I'm good with children of all ages and I don't mind taking care of them.
* I love to cook/bake and always happy to help with daily meals. I eat vegetarian, but don't mind other people eating fish/meat.
* I'm very tidy so household tasks are no problem.
* I can do small chores in/around the house like painting.
Most of all I'm enthusiastic, independent and willing to learn, so other tasks should not be a problem!